image from Converse, http://www.converse.com/uk/en/landing-design-your-own
Do you like create your own unique converse sneakers? Or customizing your own flavor and design of Kit Kat chocolate in a special design box?
Customization is one of the biggest digital trends that companies are aiming at, because by allowing customers to create their own unique products according to their preferences and specific needs, it is more effective to elevate customer loyalty and engagement.
One of the most common customize product offered would be Mcdonald’s ‘create your own’,which allows customers to customise their burgers via a digital touchscreen that offers a list of 20 ingredients. To be honest I create my own every single time when I bought a burger from Maccas just because I want more tomatoes but none of the pickles in my burger!
Because nowadays customers are looking for more varieties and options, McDonald’s spokesperson Kim Bartlett said that create your own is ‘more as an evolution’, ‘McDonald’s is innovating and changing again to meet the needs of our customers, customers will have more options than ever before.’
quote from Kim Bartlett, http://stoppress.co.nz/news/mcdonalds-burger-story
Providing product customization can help companies boost their sales on their websites, more importantly customization helps companies to differentiate their products from their competitors at this time when customers are comparing prices and quality of products with similar features on the Internet. When customers interact with the product, design their own and personalize them online, are far more likely to purchase them.
Here I’ve picked out some of the key points of benefits of customisation from Dan Ostroff‘s article:
- Free publicity – a cool customization option in the product line will allow your company to be a hot topic to discuss
- Higher prices – customers are willing to pay a higher price for customization product because it is unique and design by themselves
- Free market research – a company can better understand what the customers want and looking for from the customization products
- Stronger Online Presence – by offering customized products on the website, company gives consumers a reason to buy through its website, because the more internet users that visit the site, in return it gives a higher ranking on Google for related product searches
- Create greater customer loyalty – by giving customers what they want and desire when they want it, they’re more likely to stick with the brand, because the company has always been successfully satisfy their needs and wants
If you are interested in customizing something, below are some products that I know is doing it!
image from Nike
image from Furla
image from Diana Banh
image from Kikki.K